Uninstall avast! Home EditionPublished April 29th, 2012 by admin
Avast! Home Edition is antivirus software that comes free. It has the complete certification of ICSA for the purpose of noncommercial use. This antivirus software is inclusive of the various components like the scanner that is equipped with a simple interface. All what one has to do is to select the portion to be scanned and proceed by pressing the play button.
Still there would be many who would not be that satisfied by its features by using it once. Thus, they would be wishing to uninstall Avast! Home Edition and install antivirus software that they would find better. There are two methods of uninstalling the antivirus.
When it comes to uninstall Avast! Home Edition it is something that is a bit difficult for people who are just ordinary users of PC. The software primarily combines soundly with the core operating system. Here, is suggested a way that would prove to be most comprehensive as well as easiest to uninstall Avast! Home Edition.
There are two methods, which can be opted. Here, goes the first one.
Method I to uninstall Avast! Home Edition:
This is a known fact to almost everyone that whatever be the type of program, it can be easily located and removed from the section of Add/Remove Programs. Therefore, in order to uninstall Avast, one must proceed in a manner that is mentioned below.
- Reach to the start option and take the next step of clicking on the Control Panel.
- On the tab, of Add/Remove Programs make sure to click double times.
- Next step is locating the Avast! Home Edition. Then the immediate step is to click the option of Remove in order to begin the process of removal.
- Keep following the steps that show on-screen in order to finish.
Now by trailing the steps mentioned above in a proper manner, one can succeed in the efforts, and uninstall Avast! Home Edition. However, there are even times when it is not uninstalled; it is so because some of the entries that are related with the antivirus are left behind in the registry of Windows or the program files that are present in the C drive.
Method II to uninstall Avast! Home Edition:
This method involves the assistance of some professional uninstaller in order to uninstall Avast. There are certain steps, which need to be followed. They can be stated as follows:
- Download the perfect uninstaller by looking for it online.
- Next step is launching it after the process of installation takes place successfully.
- Proceed by highlighting Avast! Home Edition in given list of Display Name and continue by clicking Uninstall.
- The final step is to follow all the steps coming onscreen in order to finish the process of removal of Avast! Home Edition.
Thus by following the numerous steps stated above, one could uninstall Avast! Home Edition with a lot of ease. In case the Avast! Home Edition gets corrupted somehow and fails to display in the given list, then one has the option to thoroughly uninstall it by making use of the function of Force Uninstall – the uninstall function which is immensely powerful.